Ten Offenses to be Avoided
(from Nectar of Devotion)
The offenses against chanting the holy name are as
1) To blaspheme the devotees who have dedicated their lives
for propagating the holy name of the Lord.
2) To consider the names of the demigods like Lord Siva
or Lord Brahma to be equal to, or independent of, the name Lord
3) To disobey the orders of the spiritual master.
4) To blaspheme the Vedic literature or literature in pursuance
of the Vedic version.
5) To consider the glories of chanting Hare Krsna to be
6) To give some interpretation on the holy name of the
7) To commit sinful activities on the strength of chanting
the holy name of the Lord.
8) To consider chanting of Hare Krsna one of the auspicious
ritualistic activities offered in the Vedas as fruitive activities
9) To instruct a faithless person about the glories of
the holy name.
10) To not have complete faith in the chanting of the holy
names and to maintain material attachments, even after understanding
so many instructions on this matter.
Every devotee who claims to be a Vaisnava must guard against
these offenses in order to quickly achieve the desired success.
Remember that even if one feels they are being offensive,
there is no need to stop chanting. By trying to chant sincerely
and serving the spiritual master, we may be purified of our offenses
and may be able to chant purely. Chant Hare Krsna and Be Happy!
HARE KRSNA HARE KRSNA KRSNA
KRSNA HARE HARE
HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE
To continue with the morning
program please chant Japa
with Srila Prabhupada for at least
an hour, then greet the Deities.